Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Trip.......Day One


May 26th 2009

We drove down to Champaign and had breakfast at Le Peeps. I had eggs benedict with coffee. After that we headed for Charleston. It was strange driving by the campus of EIU, I hadn't been there in nearly 15 years. Just outside of Charleston we saw a big ugly statue of Lincoln.

We got hungry and took off for Mattoon for a burger and fries at a one of a kind Burger King (not part of the chain). Then a long drive down I57 took us to Paducah, Kentucky. We ended up there by mistake. However we got sandwhiches and salad at a place called Michael's. We went grocery shopping and headed off to the cabin in Bay City. Very nice cabins.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for making this possible so I can follow the trip with pictures and all. Not to omit, that I can follow the rest of the blog too! Great work Chris....you and Denielle earned a well deserved trip and your writing is admirable and awesome. Congratulations on your last "one page" admission to the newspaper...well done. My daughter chose well picking you as a partner for life! For all things past you've accomplished and all great things to come, I send you my best wishes and unconditional support.
    Love, "Mom to be"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I all ways thought that Chris was special ...
    You did very good with this blog ...
    Thank you for the interview

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture of the vacation

    ReplyDelete